Background Check Process for Children & Youth Workers
Volunteers (age 18 & older)
Paid Workers (age 14 & older)
Thank you for your interest in serving with the children and youth ministries at Elizabethtown BIC Church! It is our incredible privilege and responsibility to minister in a variety of ways to the children and youth of our congregation and to provide a safe, secure environment in which they may grow in the ways of our Lord Jesus Christ. We seek to do all of this in a world which is not always safe and in which abuse of children in various forms is prevalent enough to warrant vigilance on our part.
One of the ways we do that at EBIC is by giving close attention to the personnel who supervise our children and youth and the manner in which that supervision is given. Our policies and procedures are outlined in our Children & Youth Protection Policy. This policy not only provides a level of protection for our youth and children, but also sets forth expectations for children and youth workers that will help protect them from unfounded accusations.
In order to comply with that policy and with state regulations for childcare volunteers, all volunteer children and youth workers (age 18 or older) and all paid children & youth workers (age 14 and older) must complete and submit the following:
- EBIC Background Information Form
- PA State Police Response for Criminal Record Check
- PA Department of Human Services Child Abuse History Clearance
- PA residency statement OR Federal Criminal History Background Check
Instructions for completing each of these items are found below:
PA Residency OR Federal Criminal History Background Check
If you are a
- VOLUNTEER ONLY (18 or older)
- have lived in Pennsylvania during the entirety of the past 10 consecutive years
- can attest to not having been convicted of a felony nor a sex crime over the past 5 years
you may complete the PA Residency verification section of this form: PA Residency signature form
You do NOT need to complete the Federal Criminal History Background Check
Federal Criminal History Background Check
If you are either a:
- Paid worker (14 or older)
- Volunteer (18 or older) AND have NOT lived in Pennsylvania during the entirety of the past 10 consecutive years
you need to complete a fingerprint based Federal (FBI Criminal History Background Check:
- Register online at: www.pa.cogentid.com/index_dpwNew.htm following the steps listed under Registration
- Print your registration confirmation & take it along with your driver's license to one of the locations listed below to be fingerprinted.
- The result of your federal criminal history background check will be mailed to you within 7-10 days. Submit a copy of the results.